Concrete Girls






I'm delighted to announce I'm now an official contributor to the magnificent skateboarding institution that is Concrete Girls -
I met founder Charlotte Thomas when I moved to Hereford in 2011, we became friends and passionately discussed her desires to photograph female skaters around the UK with the intention of creating a book fit for a coffee table showcasing the growing female community.
Since then she has single handedly absolutely smashed it out the park and made the book that has now found its way to all corners of the globe, bringing girls together and going a long way to inspire many of those who may previously have seen skateboarding as a bit 'macho', fuelling the reality that we're all on a level playing field when it comes to the things we enjoy.

There's a little biography on me and my credentials over at the 'contributors' section of the website which you can find here.
I'm really looking forward to documenting some rad four wheeled ladies - so if you're one of them, or know some of them that deserve a lil spotlight or encouragement please don't ever hesitate to get in touch with me and lets bring some more class and elegance to this rugged old activity of ours.



My first contribution came in the form of a 10 Q's interview with Spanish Adidas rider Andréa Benitez, which you can find by following this link -> here

Andrea Benitez bs5050, Madrid

Andrea Benitez - bs feeble, Madrid

Comments

Popular Posts